Saturday 28 December 2013

hobonichi vs agenda scolaire

I really can't wait for the Hobonichi techo agenda I ordered online from their website. I found this agenda when I was blogwalking and it was kinda love at first sight. I really like the layout - one page per day - so I can repurpose it as diary as well. Though I already have the red lacy moleskine for 2014, I just can't resist this hobonichi and its nice cover. Hope I can find a justification for buying it.

I had tried to get a similar agenda from France but I never managed to make it. I thought the price would be too much -and not worth the effort and money anymore- after the shipping cost etc. Besides, it's so difficult to find a seller who actually willing to send it to Indonesia. I should probably contact my friends who live in France and ask them if they could help me to buy one, send it by post and I pay the price and shipping cost.

The French agenda I meant is agenda scolaire in textagenda format, one page for each day, which starts in September to August, just like academic year in most countries. Although people in general can have it as well, this agenda is mostly used by students to record their due-to assignements, exams, revisions, schedule, etc. The paper is normal white paper which really suitable for fountain pens, as they are very common among students in France. The retail price for this agenda is quite affordable.. around 5 Euros for a store brand or generic one. 

The page layout below was taken from Quo Vadis, which I think it represents the classic layout and I personally like it too.The page has section to record plan with time of the day, a lined section to write notes and small section to note things to remember or small things. The page has tear-off corner to mark the day. Usually, they would only have half page for the weekends (one page shared for Saturday and Sunday) which kinda drawback for me.

Quo Vadis agenda
The Hobonichi has more simple layout. Basically just basic grid page with marking date and day on top of the page. This kinda layout invites you to hack it. So.. I wonder what would I do for a year with it. I personally like grid page, because the page can easily divided into several sections. It will also look neat for notes. 

From the reviews about Hobonichi I read, they say about the high quality of paper.. apparently they're super thin but fountain pen friendly. Well I have to wait for -don't know how long- to find it myself. For the price I have to pay, it better be good. Honestly, it's quite pricey.. The planner itself costs 2500 Yen.. but when you add the cover, and other tidbits, and shipping cost, it adds up to... *sigh*

Hobonichi techo agenda
Photo source : 
http://quovadis.eu/files/2013/12/029319Q_ouv_2.jpg
http://www.1101.com/store/techo/2014/detail_images/c_hpr_m/slide_3.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment