Sunday 18 May 2014

toko nam bie - semarang

Toko Nam Bie is one of the oldest shop in Semarang, Central Java - Indonesia. Located in the corner of Jalan Pemuda (used to known as Bodjong street), this shop is said to be established since the colonial era. I asked to one of the shopkeepers (a lady, whom I assume about 40 years old) about when the shop was firstly open. She answered "it's been here since a long time ago, before I was born" .. Well, not quite exact year I expected, but I will try to ask for a short informal interview with the owner next time if I had a chance.

Anyway, the interior of the shop is very modest. It really looks like we're stepping into the old days. Quite magical for me.. what a legacy. There are glass cabinets / showcases where you can take and see the items or ask the shopkeeper to get them for you. From what I see, the shop sell a wide range of basic office supplies. What I mean 'basic' is nothing fancy or cute.. However, I still managed to get some cute and unique stationery here. I'm in da house, y'all..

Here goes the list of what I bought. Oh by the way, they give you 10% discount when your bill exceed 20k. Woooww.. what a nice surprise. So I 'only' have to pay 67k for these things :

  • 3 exercise books of 3-lined (for handwriting)
  • 2 ballpoint pen in blue and red batik pattern
  • 1 ZA knock ballpoint pen, which reminds me of the old Pilot knock ballpoint pen, when I was in primary school 
  • 1 DR drawing pen 0.1
  • 1 correction tape in the shape of whale
  • 2 pencil sharpeners, each in the shape of puppy dog and brown racoon
  • 1 acrylic ruler which has a mini magnifying glass in one end
  • 1 green stapler remover
Overall, I'm really glad to be part of this shop's history. I've stepped into the shop and bought some things as well. Long live stationery.

No comments:

Post a Comment