Monday 1 August 2016

agenda scolaire

My fondness to agenda scolaire is a subject to be discussed. Throughout the years, I always have the urge to buy one (or two, or three.. helas), but this agenda is more likely to be only available in France. The daily agenda of Quo Vadis may also available in several other countries, though. But even if it's available to be bought online, the shipping cost would be more expensive than the agenda itself.

When I had a chance to visit Paris last May, I managed to run to Quartier Latin area. So in a hurry, as it was nearly closing hours, I grab two planners from Gibert Joseph and another two from Gibert Jaune. Both Gibert Jaune and Gibert Joseph are the big bookstores on the area. Anyway, the agendas I finally bought are as follows..
- a pocket planner (Gibert Joseph store brand, made by Oberthur)
- an Exacompta Forum Winner planner (one day per page)
- a textagenda one day per page (Gibert Jaune store brand, made by Quo Vadis)
- a Moleskine Peanuts weekly notebook pocket (18 months limited edition)

left : pink agenda Gibert Jaune, right : blue agenda Exacompta
I made my first encounter with "one day per page" agenda during my school years in Paris, back in 2003. At first, I thought it was too bulky to carry around. Besides, why would I need a whole page just for one day? I learned my classmates noted everything on their agenda. So I tried and developed the habit to write down everything, scribble here and there, jot down what's on my mind and noted all the meetings or rendez vous. The agenda has also became a place for brain dump and a not-so-secret diary. I have shared a short review about agenda scolaire few years ago here.

Let's move on. Another must-buy agenda for me is this pocket agenda made by Oberthur, licensed to Gibert Joseph bookstore. I really like the simple design and it's quite thin, light enough to be carried around on your pocket.. err, if you have big pocket actually. As for the page layout, it has a weekly spread on the left page and lined page like this.

I don't know why I bought those agendas while I already had planners for this ongoing year. Perhaps for the sake of nostalgia. Anyway, Hobonichi actually offers similar lineup. The A6 sized techo has one day per page layout and the Weekly has the same page layout to the pocket agenda. I have never bought the hobonichi weekly, as I always have more compact pocket weekly moleskine for the past few years. Ah yes, I think I will blog about the Peanut weekly moleskine later. See ya later then.

No comments:

Post a Comment