Friday 3 January 2014

penco

I went to Aksara bookstore in Plaza Indonesia recently. In addition to the books, I always take a look at their gift lineups.. urban, modern, a bit retro.. but quite pricey, though. So I mostly just looking around with nothing to buy. Not this time.

Say hello to these new acquisitions. Couple of ballpoint pens and a mechanical pencil. First of all, the Penco Hightide knock ballpoint pen. J'adoooooore la couleur !! I was hooked with the colour of this classic model, with the vintagey look -is this word exist? The gold clip emphasizes the turquoise green barrel. This kinda style reminds me the era of Hawaii Five O. I haven't even born yet.

The pink mechanical pencil is Penco Passer's Mate 0,5 mm. I love the shape of the classic wooden sharpened pencil, though it actually made from plastic. Look at the tiny red eraser on top of it. It is a real eraser. I think it looks like those pencils we used to have during our primary school days. Something not to be missed. However, some of us in Indonesia might not have this kinda pencil. I used to have black-and-red-stripe Chung Hwa pencils and the blue classic Staedtler Mars Lumographs.

Last but not least, a black ballpoint pen with roller massager on top. Gonna be really useful when you suddenly got headache at the office. Just roll it on your temple / forehead to calm your nerves. I would've prefer the color to be more subtle instead of shocking orange like this one. But well.. I didn't see any option on the store.

More about Penco (website in Japanese) http://www.hightide-online.jp/fs/hightide/c/penco



No comments:

Post a Comment