Wednesday 21 December 2016

déménager

Moving out is giving me a headache. I did it recently at the office. I had to move out from my beloved cubicle. From une pièce bien éclairée --a place which has lots of natural lights as it's next to a window-- to a smaller room with no window to the outside. Well, at least this one has door and lock. So I can leave my things without worry. Oh, it's also quieter.. so I hope I can work in peace now.

This is actually my 4th move since 2008. Before that, I didn't have a desk in my campus. I moved to a cubicle next to my desk in 2009. Then I moved to other building in the early 2012. Then I moved to my lovely cubicle which also located in another building in late 2013. I thought I will stay in that place forever.. well, at least for a long period of time. So I have lots of books and stationery stashed in my desk. But apparently.. life changed. My cubicle will be occupied by another person so I have to leave. I now moved to a room belongs to my colleague. She has another position for about 4 years, so in the meantime, I can stay in her place. I just have to keep my personal things to minimum.Yay.

I'm not new to moving out. Je suis la reine du déménagement. I've got used to moving out.  Considering 4 moves in 8 years, I guess I'm not a newbie anymore.. I cleared my cubicle in just 2,5 hours. Alone. Well, I got help from one helper to drop off my things to the new desk. But that's it. I can't believe there were uncountable stationery in my desk. Now I'm tired. Photos will be added soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment