Saturday 17 December 2016

one planner only

For planner enthusiast, new year means an excuse to have a new planner. Not one, not two, but five planners ! Really !

I might be one of them. For 2017, I already have two dated planers. Well actually three. Oh wait, I think four.. err, yeah right. FIVE.

Do I need all of them? How will I synchronize all the tasks, meetings, appointments, etc. within those planners? I don't know.

Honestly, one planner is enough. Seriously. You just have to find the right one for you. For now, I feel like dating five guys in one time. Eeeww.. gross. But bear with me, it's true, right? You might say, this planner for work, that planner for house related, this one for journaling, another one for art journaling.. Please. Do you have to do that? Actually, one planner is sufficient. One planner means you can jot your notes, dump your thoughts, note everything in just ONE place. No need to look for other planner or to sync them all the time. Have one, and bring it everywehere.

Now you'll say. Ring planners are too bulky and heavy.. but I like the flexibility of adding (or taking out) the sheet. So, ask yourself. Does it fit you? What particular sheets you need, that the other planner doesn't have? I will say, I have customized inserts that I designed myself to suits what I need. I will use my A5 ring planners (Filofax or Kikki K) for house related matters.

Let see.. pocket moleskine is suitable for me. It's small dan light enough. But sometimes I feel like I need more space to write. Oh really? How often does it occur to you? Anyway, for 2017, I have the Doraemon pocket weekly and I hope this planner stays by my side all the time.

What about hobonichi planner A6? It has enough space for journaling. It also have monthly calendar to note the task and appointment. And the paper is so thin so it's not really heavy. Hummm.. yeah, that might work. But I'm not sure if I have the possibility to have it with me all the time. For me, this planner is more suitable for journaling.

I also have the schedule check (previous post) which consist only monthly planner. I will use it to note work related task and leave it on my desk. The other one will be pocket agenda from the same manufacturer to note down the schedules of my pak boss.

So, back to the discussion. Do you think you can have only one planner for everything? I am thinking about it. As for now, I'll try my best to use all of my planners in 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment