Monday 25 August 2014

filofax fusion A5 blue

Yippppeeeyyy !!!

Finally I've got a filofax. The blue Fusion A5. First one in my life, one of my wishlist for this year :D

Before I started this blog, I used to think that all planners are just the same.. and even some of them are overpriced. But then, I got dragged into this 'dangerous' world of stationery after I blogwalked for quite some time. I begin to find reasons for buying stationery. Besides, I never splurge my cash on fashion, jewelry or makeup.. soo.. why not stationery ?!

I took my chance when I saw this filofax on ebay. This is the right one for me. The colour (dark blue), the material (fabric, not fancy leather), the size (A5 has the most flexible inserts) and lots of pockets inside and outside the cover. It's in new condition and I bought it slightly cheaper than in its official site. Still, it's bloody super expensive for me.

Honestly, I wasn't really impressed with the inserts. They look dead simple with old fashioned font and layout. Perhaps that's why people hack the inserts to the max. Is there any people out there who replaced those inserts from the fist time  with customized one?

So far, I already have my hobonichi for my day-to-day diary, moleskine for schedule (appointments / meetings).. although a bit abandoned, and I intended to use the study planner for academic related stuff. What should I do with this filofax of my dream? I may use it for lecture notes. But on a second thought, I will use my old file note for campus thingy. The reason is, the 20 ring-hole A5 loose leaf doesn't fit the 6 rings of filofax. This is a bummer. I have to make cuts on the loose leaf to adjust the hole and the ring.

Anyway, I will use this fancy filofax. It would be my "magic book" to store household related thingy.. phone numbers, websites' username and password hints, addresses, household budget, family health records (allergies, medication, prescription, etc.), recipes, infos about food delivery services, etc. Well, a kakebo if I may say. For the inserts, I will make a customization of my own. Oh, and Bantex has A5 plastic pocket, which holes match the 6-ring planner. I will try to find if they have the zipper version or business card pockets. That would be perfect to store addresses.

I will share my filofax setting later. See ya around..

No comments:

Post a Comment